Clarice Harrison, a native of Orem, Utah is answering a call to serve the Lord in the Yekaterinburg Russia Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the next 18 months. She will be inviting people in Russia to come unto Christ.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A mother's forward

Blogging is a new experience for me. I hope I can share things here that will allow others to know what my daughter is experiencing on her mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She has gone on a mission because of her desire to share the joy that has come into her life by living the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She has left behind home, family and friends for 1 1/2 years to serve the Lord fulltime. She has put school and life here on hold while she goes to serve others thousands of miles away. She will learn to rely on the Lord for help and strength. She will learn to love another culture and people and come away knowing that we are all children of God, we are all brothers and sisters. She will learn that true joy in life comes from serving and sacrificing for others as our Savior Jesus Christ did while he was on the earth. I know about this because I served a mission for our church in 1985 in the Canada Montreal Mission. What a rich experience it is! Though I will miss her deeply I am grateful she has chosen to have this experience.

1 comment:

  1. Carol and Clarice, I felt inspired reading your sweet testimony's. The gospel it perfect and we are privileged to know of its truthfulness and have its influence in our lives.

    ReplyDelete