Clarice Harrison, a native of Orem, Utah is answering a call to serve the Lord in the Yekaterinburg Russia Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the next 18 months. She will be inviting people in Russia to come unto Christ.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010 December 7

Another long and crazy week! Yesterday was our first day 100% speaking Russian. Or trying to. We did really pretty good. It was fun to try to be creative with communicating with our limited vocabulary. Its good everyone knows the same words else it wouldn't work all that well. By the end of the day I felt I had to keep speaking Russian even though we ended at 9pm. Speaking of Russian, late last night all the new missionaries from Eastern Europe arrived. This morning Sis Whiting and I helped two of the Elders get food at the cafeteria. One of the Elders asked why the drinks were cold, apparently they don't chill their drinks in Ukraine. One of the Elders also complimented us on how good our Russian was after 7 weeks. He said he had been studying English for about 11 years and he felt like he couldn't speak it very well. I haven't met any of the new sister missionaries yet but I am excited too. I put up all the pictures of Christ Mom sent in our class room because we spend so much time in there. Everyone in my district and our teachers really like the pictures. They really help create a more homey atmosphere. I get to see Sister Falcon, my roommate from BYU alot around here. I even got to sit next to her last Sunday during relief society. We got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on Sunday night which was fun. This week in the TRC we get to teach Lesson 2 (the Plan of Salvation) for the first time all in Russian. Sis Whiting and I have been working really hard. Thanks so much for the fun Christmas package! I especially liked the mix of M&Ms. I am sure I will take a lot of fun Christmasy pictures with the antlers. Speaking of Christmas the other night our whole zone went outside by the Christmas lights they have put up for the missionaries and sang 'What Child is this?" in Russian. It’s in the Russian hymn book. It was soooo much fun. It really got me into the Christmas mood. Love you all. The church is amazingly true!!!

Love,

Sister Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment