Clarice Harrison, a native of Orem, Utah is answering a call to serve the Lord in the Yekaterinburg Russia Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the next 18 months. She will be inviting people in Russia to come unto Christ.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving preparations

2010 November 23

Thanksgiving should be pretty awesome here though. We have been told that usually one of the 12 apostles come. Plus we don't have class all day! We get to go to some devotionals and do a lot of service projects. I have been doing well. I am still working hard. My companion is still amazing. The older missionaries left this week. It’s crazy to think that when the new missionaries come next week we will be the older group. When I first came I thought the missionaries already here knew so much Russian. Now I realized that is not the case. I have been getting better at making my own sentences, but I still have a very, very far way to go. This week we have to teach lesson 1 in Russian. Lately I have been learning a lot about conversion. Sis Whiting and I got to teach a lesson on Sunday and we chose to talk about Alma 5:14. We had some great discussions about Ch4 of PMG. I am so grateful to be here in the MTC serving the Lord. I realize more and more that I am suppose to be here at this exact time. I am grateful for the Lord's time table. I am grateful for my wonderful companion Sis Whiting. She is so nice in understanding me and giving me hugs. I am grateful for the teachers I have. Everyone here who teaches us tries to teach with the spirit. I am grateful for the support of the Holy Ghost. I would not be able to do this mission without it. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He is my savior and friend. I am grateful for prayer. There is nothing better in the world than talking to someone who knows and understands and loves you no matter what you do. I am grateful for the support I get from home. I have just got to say that I have a pretty awesome family. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment